Admission arrangements for The Marvell College are in accordance with the Admission Arrangements for Hull City Council.
- East Area Committee
- Admission Limit 2015/16: 260
- The Open Evening for prospective students and parents for 2016/2017 is Tuesday 20th September, 4.00pm-7.00pm.
The Marvell College welcomes direct enquiries. We can provide information on curriculum details, school uniform, public examination results, key stages and other useful information. For more information please contact Mrs M Stead – Head of Transition on 01482 799 132.
We currently have limited spaces available in all years. All applications MUST go through the local authority admissions team, should you wish to consider an in school year transfer then please contact us to discuss the process.
When your child is due to transfer from primary to secondary school you will have to apply for a school place. You can apply for places at schools in Hull and outside Hull if you would like to. You can also apply for places in voluntary aided schools and academies.
Students are encouraged to get involved in the decision making process in the school through the College Council.
Student Voice & Participation at TMC
For Student Voice to be effective:
- All students in the college should feel their opinions are valued even if the decision reached is not the one they wanted.
- All staff support the structure that enables students to participate in the college culture, community and curriculum.
- Each academic year we hold elections in Tutor Groups and Year Teams to elect new form representatives and year representatives.
- In Year 11 we elect a Head Boy and Head Girl.
- Year Councils meet every week to discuss issues across the Academy and play a pivotal role in the creation of new policy and procedures.
- The Student Council meets once a half term.
Admissions Team Contact Details
Children and Young Peoples Services
Hull City Council
Kingston House Bond Street
Tel: 01482 300 300