1st to 7th February 2021
29th January 2021
What does express yourself mean?
“Express yourself” is about finding creative ways to share feelings, thoughts, or idea through things like art, writing, music, dance and doing things that make you feel good.
Why does finding healthy ways to express yourself matter?
Being creative and expressing yourself can:
· Help you to relax and de-stress.
· Generate “feel-good” endorphins which can lift your mood, help you feel empowered and create a sense of identity and achievement.
Help to boost your self-esteem, connect with others and give you purpose and meaning.
· How does society often expect young people to look, think, speak and act? And, where do these ideas come from?
· Do these expectations stop you from expressing your true self?
· How does that make you feel?
How can we help and support each other to get creative and express ourselves this Children’s Mental Health Week?