This year The Marvell College has chosen Emmaus as its ‘Charity of the Year’. This will give students the opportunity to develop their understanding of homelessness and its causes and effects. Below are the values and vision for the Emmaus Charity.
Emmaus want: A world in which everyone has a home and a sense of belonging.
Their mission is to work together to overcome homelessness and social exclusion while using our voice to achieve social change.
Their seven strategic goals:
- Emmaus operates a range of social enterprises in order to achieve financial sustainability.
- Emmaus is working with companions to realise their aspirations and potential.
- Federation members are demonstrating organisational sustainability and ethical practice.
- The Emmaus federation is demonstrating unity and is working together for mutual benefit.
- Emmaus is well known and respected and is using its voice to address the causes and consequences of homelessness and social exclusion.
- Emmaus in the UK is an active contributor and influencer in the international Emmaus movement.
- Emmaus is increasing the number of companion rooms and is providing non-residential opportunities.
This means, by 2020 they will have:
- 1000 companion places
- 100 opportunities for non-residential companions
- Stronger social enterprises
- Structured support and training plans for all companions
- Companions on all of our boards and committees
- More companions moving into employment
- Started campaigning for change
- Better recognition for the fantastic work we do
The Marvell College wants to support this great charity by raising awareness of it and by raising money for it.