From September 2004 it has been a statutory requirement for schools to include work-related learning within the curriculum for all young people during Key Stage 4.
All Y10 students will undertake a work experience placement for a week. Pupils will need to source their own placement but the school, the Year 10 team in particular will support and guide pupils through this process. Dates for work experience 2016 will be confirmed shortly.
This will be designed to give each pupil a greater understanding of the world of work and the opportunity to work with adults other than teachers.
Every attempt will be made to ensure each pupil a placement that will match their aspirations and interests.
Benefits of Work Experience
Benefits for Students
- Helps to develop interpersonal and employability skills
- Involves working in a team and learning how to work with others
- Increases motivation to do well at school
- Encourages personal development
- Helps identify personal strengths and areas for development
Benefits for employers and providers
- Provides opportunities for staff to act as mentors, role models or supervisors
- Helps employers to understand changes in educational courses and qualifications
- Contributes to the development of young people and to the local community